5/24/2012

Death From Above! Update: WD Rules Included!

New Fliers Inbound!

For those who may be unaware, there are new fliers being released next week! Codex: Space Marines receives the Stormtalon Gunship, the Necrons get the Doom Scythe/Night Scythe, and the Orks get a whopping 3 fliers from 1 kit! With all of the excitement, I thought I'd post some of the pictures I've been able to get a hold of. Anyone curious about the rules/stats of these kick ass new units can find them over at Apocalypse40k. So, without further delay, delicious photos.



I'm sincerely tempted to start Orks because of these.


Necrons finally getting their Scythes


The Stormtalon! Love all of those guns!


White Scars representing. I like the side wings on it in this picture. They don't show as well with the dark blue.


Love the detailed close-ups. :)


And some more Orky goodness. I love these!

The Internet is ablaze with hate for the Stormtalon. I like it though. I was one of the biggest haters on the Stormraven, but once I saw it, I loved it. So, I'm going to reserve my final judgement until I see what it 'brings to the table'. The one thing I will concede is that the landing gear on the turret is stupid.

The Necron fliers are as everyone pictured them, but they seem kind of bland. Plus, the Death Ray looks like the old Fire Prism's cannon, which I thought was awful.

The Ork fliers look great! They seem very dynamic and Orky, while looking enough like a real plane to make them familiar.

Word is that the White Dwarf with the pictures and codex update will be out Saturday the 26th and the fliers themselves will be up for sale Saturday, June 2nd. I can't wait to see what the official rules are and to get more looks at these models. I may, for the first time, actually buy a White Dwarf for these. Rumored price for the kits is $45.50 each.


Edit: Rules pages just showed up on Blood Of Kittens today. Feast your eyes!














Just from a quick glance, these look pretty vicious. I can't wait to see how they handle on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment