5/25/2012

News!

Super Size Update!
 
 
Well. Where to begin? It's been over 3 months since my last consistent series of updates. What have I been doing? Well, I've moved into a new place, started a new quarter of school, and been learning what the terrible-2's are all about. Mind you the latter portion is about my son and not a euphemism for heinous diarrhea. Silliness aside, that's left me quite busy! Well, I'm still swamped with school work, but I figured I'd start updating again just to preserve my sanity. I figured I'd give one massive news update to cover all the big stuff and where I'm going, then work on churning out new content when I'm able. So, onto the news...

So firstly, I'll get blog news out of the way. I have a whole slew of projects and article ideas that I'd like to get into, mid June. Once I'm out of school, I should have adequate time to address everything. Here's a look at what I want to accomplish:
  • Get Chapter House Razorback Turrets assembled and reviewed
  • Finish building all of my Space Marine troops and vehicles
  • Re-review my Bitspudlo stuff since my 2nd batch was vastly superior
  • Game reviews
  • Book reviews
  • Intro to Dystopian Wars
  • 40k Metrics writeup
  • Model reviews
  • And begin a new series of articles called 'Bardus Tactica'

The Bardus Tactica articles will be a new series of quick how-to's or uncommon tactics for use in games. While 5th is on its way out, I do have a couple of quick tricks that you may find useful. I also figure with 6th coming into the picture, it'll help as we all relearn how to play together. I can share what useful tidbits I come across.

I'd also appreciate feedback on my blog from those who view it. I encourage you to comment and am happy to answer any questions. I'd like to know what you like reading, and any features you'd be interested in. I had polls up for a bit, but those mostly got passed over. I want to know if those sort of things are of any interest to anyone.

Also, along with Battle Reports, I'm tossing around the idea of doing Video Battle Reports. I'm pretty camera shy, so I'm not sure if I'll do it. Perhaps this would be a good time to chime in for anyone who is interested in seeing them. ;)

Well, I believe that's a pretty decent summary of what's going on at this point. Look forward to a couple Battle Reports/Summaries and some new Work in Progress (WIP) stuff as my free time expands a bit. Now, on to all of the news and rumors floating about.

Sixth Edition is almost upon us. Rejoice! I'm no fan of 5th ed. I think it's gotten quite stale. There are many frightening rumors floating around about 6th, however. Well, a little birdy has told me that all of the 'Fantasy 40k' nonsense that we're hearing is just that, nonsense. I'm not concerned about the playability of 6th ed one bit. Look for rules that are tougher on vehicles and swing the pendulum a little closer toward infantry. ;)

The Summer of Fliers is finally here. I gotta say, I'm excited. I've gotten in one game with
my Stormraven and I loved it! Fliers are the way of the future and bring a lot to the table. I'm excited to see what the Stormtalon is capable of. I like what it can do on paper, but I'll probably proxy it until 6th hits and I can see how it's affected by the new rules. I do like the look of it, with the exception of the landing gear on the gun turret, and I love the look of the Ork Jet/Bommas as well. I'm sorely tempted to start an Ork army just to use them, especially as it seems my Tau may yet not get attention for a while longer.

Well, that's all I can really think of addresses at the moment. Keep an eye out for new content and enjoy. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Hit me up below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment